Buderer Drug Co. Tradition of Excellence
A Legacy of Pharmacy Compounding
The legacy of our sterile pharmacy compounding goes back many years to father and son, Jim Buderer, RPh and Matt Buderer, RPh of Buderer Drug Co. in Sandusky and Perrysburg, Ohio. Founded in 1878, the Sandusky Deutsch Apotheke practice originally was located downtown on Lake Erie. Jim’s father, Alvin G. Buderer, RPh, joined the practice after graduating from Ohio State University in 1927. The name of the pharmacy changed to “Kubach and Buderer” and it remained in the downtown area for 40 more years. Jim, a 1963 Ohio State University graduate, moved the business and formed a partnership with Fisher Drug.
Matt Buderer, R.Ph., FIACP, is a 1993 graduate of The University of Toledo College of Pharmacy. Matt has lectured at numerous bio-identical hormone replacement therapy seminars, presented at a variety of national pharmacy compounding seminars regarding various compounding techniques, and currently serves as a consultant to several surgical centers. In 1998, Matt earned the designation “FIACP” (Fellow, International Academy of Compounding Pharmacists) in recognition of his knowledge, high professional standards, and contributions to the profession of pharmacy compounding.
Today, Jim and Matt continue their compounding pharmacy’s heritage. Buderer Drug Co. is a general practice compounding pharmacy. In March 1999, Jim and Matt were recipients of the PCCA Compounding Pharmacist of the Month award.
All compounding pharmacists at Buderer Drug Co. are graduates of accredited Colleges of Pharmacy and licensed by the Ohio State Board of Pharmacy. Pharmacists and compounding technicians regularly attend continuing education, in-house training and advanced training courses in pharmacy compounding.