A Legacy of Pharmacy Compounding
Our story began in 1878, the year that the Sandusky Deutsch Apotheke pharmacy first opened its doors to the public in downtown Sandusky, Ohio. The pharmacy became a family tradition in 1927, when Alvin Buderer, RPh, joined the pharmacy. Switching its name to Kubach and Buderer, the pharmacy would remain in the downtown area for over 40 years. Upon graduation from pharmacy school in 1963, Jim Buderer, RPh, entered the family pharmacy, dispensing medications from the newly located building on Hancock Street.
In 1997, Buderer decided to sell its retail pharmacy, focusing exclusively on compounding customized medications.
Today, Buderer Drug Company continues to serve patients from its Sandusky location, in addition to offering compounding pharmacy services from locations in Perrysburg and Avon, Ohio. Jim Buderer, RPh, and Matt Buderer, RPh, along with our other compounding pharmacists, oversee day-to-day patient care at each pharmacy. Buderer Drug is pleased to continue meeting the needs of practitioners and patients across northern Ohio.
A photograph of Buderer Drug Co. in Sandusky, Ohio during the early 1900’s