Specializing in helping healthcare researchers design, statistically analyze, and publish their research studies.
Statistical Design and Data Analysis
Proper design of studies and appropriate data analysis is critical for conducting and publishing scientifically valid research. For 15 years I have helped researchers, primarily those with medical interests, answer their research questions. My clients have included students completing research projects for a graduation requirement, residents, physicians, nurses, researchers with little or no experience, as well as experienced, well-published researchers.
- Study design
- Sample size estimation
- Research protocol development
- Database set-up
- Basic and advanced statistical data analysis
- Graphical presentations of data
- Abstract, presentation, and manuscript preparation
Evaluation of Grant-Funded Projects
The independent evaluation of grant-funded programs is becoming a common requirement.
- Grant preparation (evaluation component for grants, and general editing)
- Program evaluation
- Outcomes reporting
- Lectures for groups (e.g., students, residents, researchers, IRB members) on statistical methodology, how to get started on research projects, research ethics, federal research regulations
Nancy Buderer, MS Biostatistical Consultant
- Master of Science in Biostatistics, University of Michigan, School of Public Health
- 15 years experience as a biostatistician in medical research
- Experience managing an IRB, an IACUC, and a hospital’s research department
- Published in peer-reviewed journals